The World Sky Race is an historic tour and competition of lighter-than-air skyships racing 30,000+ miles. In sixteen back to back races that completely span the globe, the overall winner will be crowned World Sky Champion.
The World is our Canvas. The Sky is our Challenge.
The competing skyships will travel from the Greenwich Prime Meridian southward to Africa and the Middle East, across the Indian Ocean to Equatorial Asia and through the Orient, island hop across the Pacific to the western shores of North America, down to Central America, up to the North Atlantic and crossing back to Prime Meridian for an exciting finish in an historic race, completing a full global circumnavigation.
- First organized international race of lighter-than-air skyships
- First full global circumnavigation by a lighter-than-air skyship; will establish the international aviation record
- First unassisted trans-Atlantic skyship crossing since 1937
- Largest cultural, sports & entertainment event ever seen by the greatest number of live spectators in all of history
- Target Title Purse Prizes - $5,000,000+
Prestigious Sponsoring Partners and Program Supporters:
- UNESCO World Heritage Centre
- Ministries of Tourism, Culture, Antiquities, Education and Civil Aviation around the World
Global Media Exposure - BILLIONS of Favorable Viewings
- National Geographic, CNN, BBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, RTL, RTE, CCTV, NHK, Univision, TF1, RAI, Doordarshan, Al Jazeera, Euronews, Eurosports, Star...
- Every Major Newspaper in the world - First page, first section, international, regional, and local news, Entertainment, Business, Sports
- Magazines - Feature Coverage and Photos
- Radio - Interviews and Feature Coverage
- Extensive Global Internet features - YouTube, Podcasts, Blogs
The Monumental Icons of the world, ancient & modern, will be the connecting beacons by which the race is measured.
- Starting on the Greenwich Prime Meridian in front of the Atomic Clock where all time on Earth is synchronized
- Big Ben, Houses of Parliament and London Bridge
- Roman Coliseum
- Great Pyramids of Giza
- Taj Mahal
- Petronas Towers
- Mount Fujiyama
- Kilauea Volcano and Diamond Head
- Golden Gate Bridge
- Teotihuacan Pyramids of the Sun
- NASA Johnson Space Center
- Statute of Liberty
IMAX Legacy Film - World Sky Champions
The World Air League will produce a full feature giant screen IMAX "you are there film" to capture the legacy, the historic World Sky Race competition.
Global Community Initiatives
The World Air League is committed to providing the leadership for developing environmentally sustainable lighter-than-air transportation with the lowest carbon footprint achievable.
- Green Aviation - Carbon Reduction, Greenhouse Gas Reduction
- Global History, Geography, Cultural and Environmental Educational Internet Programming for Primary, Secondary and High Schools - Provided by UNESCO, United Nations Foundation and Ministries of Education
- Ecotourism - "Tourism Without Touching"
Starting 2012, the sixteen individual competing races will span 140-150+ days. The proposed World Sky Race tour follows:
- Arabian Gulf Coast
- New Delhi
- Kuala Lumpur
- San Francisco
- Mexico City
- New York City
Prestigious Sponsor Relations
Connecting people across the world with a series of global summits, the World Sky Racewill provide a spectacular platform for international business, cultural and artistic exchanges. Fittingly the World Sky Racewill uniquely spotlight its' sponsors on the world stage in the premier unifying event of the new century. Combining a global array of sixteen spectacular race ceremonial events and VIP hospitality, sponsors will be able to positively demonstrate their values as an esteemed corporate citizen - WORLDWIDE. Sponsors will achieve yet another level of greatness as the world press and World Sky Racefans avidly follow the epic, historical skyship competition. With global economic and social change advancing at unparalleled rates the World Sky Racewill explore, entertain and connect the world's icons and culture of every nation across the globe.
World Sky Race Program in PDF Form
World Sky Race Program Summary (264kb)
Environmental Impact Position Paper